Thread: M617-6
View Single Post

Old 06-08-2018, 05:57 PM

Liked 323 Times in 165 Posts

Well Guy's/Gal's
Received my 617 back from repair today (6-8-2018), they had her a total of three weeks. Paper said they cleaned the revolver (all the lead) replaced rear sight (bottomed out at 25 yards) and recut the forcing cone.
Took her out to my range and fired 50 rounds through her late this afternoon for the initial check out. She fired flawlessly. No lead spitting or build up out of her period. Shot straight and at 25 yards I had no problem hitting the 7 steel plates that I have. Even the 3" one at 25 yards was no problem. Very happy with S&W customer Service. I now have a S&W 617 that I am very proud of.
Pictures to come, but I have to decide on which grips to leave on it first. I have a set of wooden Pachmyer (don't know on the spelling) and the grips that came on it. But I have a set from a buddy of mine that I gave him a couple weeks ago that I used on my 686 when I had one. They are faux Ivory grips that hug the round but on both front and back allowing the grip frame to be held for smaller size hands like mine. They worked really well on my 686 when I had it so I image those will be the ones that I use for this revolver.
So pictures will probably be tomorrow or Sunday. But this 617 is going no where. It will be used along with my Single Six Hunter. It was just awesome shooting her today even if it was only 50 rounds. More shooting coming this weekend.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: