View Single Post

Old 06-09-2018, 09:31 AM
US Veteran

Liked 18,698 Times in 4,789 Posts

I bought this rifle for close to medium range use. Actually, I bought it just to have one and piss off the antis. I'm really not a big fan of the AR.
However, I do like my rifles to be accurate or at least accurate enough for the intended purpose. So I guess this one will fit what I bought it for. I would like to see just how accurate it can be.
I think my mistake was in the choice of scope. Like I said that reticle just wasn't designed for precision shooting. I do have several scopes on hand that I could try. But they're all 1" tubes and the current mount is 30mm. I haven't had much luck finding proper 1" rings for an AR locally that weren't very expensive. So I'll probably have to order some on-line. Understand that I just want to see what the rifle is capable of and the scope may not stay on it.
Honestly, for many years now my choice in a home defense rifle has been the M1 Carbine. I still like it in that role and don't know if the AR will replace it. If I want to reach out there, well that what the M1As are for.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: