View Single Post

Old 06-09-2018, 02:21 PM

Liked 242 Times in 126 Posts

Hi Guys,

An Update, sort of. I called Winchester direct, and also used their contact email. A rep returned the call almost 2 weeks later. Nothing was received from their email contact.

The rep explained she was a facilitator, and wanted to know about
the problems which I explained. She took the lot and code numbers and said she'd pass them on to the appropriate departments. She never asked for the fired exploded cases.
She stated this was the first instance she had heard of WWB not being within specs. She never mentioned someone would get back to me for further information etc.

As far as I was concerned, it was pretty much a wasted call
Winchester pretty much didn't really offer any kind of interest at all. They didn't seem to be very concerned in this case.

With the revolver, I shot it again this week with no problems at all but Remington ammo as my range requires factory ammo.

With my gunsmith friend, he just advised to use quality ammo, and use the revolver occasionally. While it is a high quality revolver, go easy on it and use it occasionally, but not as a modern shooter due to its age. He cautioned to stay away from cheap bulk brass ammo, aluminum, or steel cased ammo.

Wish I could report more and wish that Winchester was more responsive, but as long as the revolver didn't blow up, they
really weren't concerned.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: