View Single Post

Old 06-09-2018, 07:18 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default S&W 686-4 4" Price Check?

Long time lurker here, looking at possbily taking the pistol below in as a partial trade, but as much as I've lusted after a 686, I'm no expert on assigning a value to them. As such, any help you fine folks can offer would be most appreciate!

The current owner got it as a trade as well and has limited experience with it. He says lockup is tight and the action feels smooth, and that he averages 2" groups at 15 yards with factory .38SPCL through it. Obviously, without seeing it in person (he's not local, but is an established member on another forum with a solid feedback history), it's hard to get a good idea of condition.

But without further adieu, the photos!

If necessary, these can be enlarged for detail. But it does show some obvious use. That having been said, it looks to be in good shape, overall. I'd make an educated guess at $650 plus shipping, as it doesn't include the original box or papers (well, no box or papers at all, actually), nor any original grips, just the Houges pictured. But I'm absolutely open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!