View Single Post

Old 06-09-2018, 08:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
How does that translate into needing a higher capacity weapon?

A higher crime rate just means there is more of them, it doesn't mean different types of crime are occurring.
The higher crime rate is gang related and while at one time it was mainly gang on gang violence the tide has turned and more gang related crimes against the public to get their badges or what ever the Perps gang members call them !!

Burglaries during the day when a car load of perps knock on the door if no one answers around to the back they go to break a window or a sliding glass door .. A similar break-in in Memphis where owner used an AR to neutralize the threat .. believed 2 were killed ..

Man's home was invaded last year and he was pushed down the basement steps and died several days later because of a head injury .. 3-4 Perps were suppose to be involved ..

I'm a pretty good shot but doubt with any caliber more then one shot will be needed to stop a perp .. unless a head shot is used . 3 guys against a 5 or 6 shot revolver .. I'll stick with my 13+1 Beretta !! with at least the same in an off side magazine ..

Edit .. That gives me twice the firepower with out a reload being needed .. the possible need for a 7th or 8th shot keeps me carrying what I do .. That reload after 5 or 6 may well be what kills you ..

How many shots can someone with a Glock with a 30 round mag shoot in the time you take to reload ?? can you reload in 3 seconds .. perp could probably get 3 to 5 shots or more during that time ..

Last edited by Whitwabit; 06-09-2018 at 08:54 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: