View Single Post

Old 06-09-2018, 10:04 PM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
The higher crime rate is gang related and while at one time it was mainly gang on gang violence the tide has turned and more gang related crimes against the public to get their badges or what ever the Perps gang members call them !!

Burglaries during the day when a car load of perps knock on the door if no one answers around to the back they go to break a window or a sliding glass door .. A similar break-in in Memphis where owner used an AR to neutralize the threat .. believed 2 were killed ..

Man's home was invaded last year and he was pushed down the basement steps and died several days later because of a head injury .. 3-4 Perps were suppose to be involved ..

I'm a pretty good shot but doubt with any caliber more then one shot will be needed to stop a perp .. unless a head shot is used . 3 guys against a 5 or 6 shot revolver .. I'll stick with my 13+1 Beretta !! with at least the same in an off side magazine ..

Edit .. That gives me twice the firepower with out a reload being needed .. the possible need for a 7th or 8th shot keeps me carrying what I do .. That reload after 5 or 6 may well be what kills you ..

How many shots can someone with a Glock with a 30 round mag shoot in the time you take to reload ?? can you reload in 3 seconds .. perp could probably get 3 to 5 shots or more during that time ..
I can see the reasoning behind your choice, but where is the evidence?

How many cases of a civilian being forced to engage in a high round count shoot-out with gang members can you find? Bad guys tend to pick easy targets. They want victims, not adversaries. That's why they flee once the gun comes out or the shooting starts no matter how many there happens to be. You just need "the ability to change the direction of the bad guy's intent".

A lot of people will say even though you might not need that extra firepower, it doesn't hurt to have it. That sounds sensible, but everything is a compromise and there will be trade-offs somewhere. By going to a high-capacity autoloader you trade away the extreme close-quarter advantages of the hammerless snubnose revolver. What are you more likely to be involved in; a high round shoot-out with multiple armed gang members at relatively long range or an up close and personal mugging, armed robbery, car jacking or physical assault? The latter incidents we see occurring pretty routinely, but not the former.

What if attacked and beaten by multiple attackers like we so frequently see on the news? I'll still take the snub since it will be easier and quicker to access and get into action as well as be much more retainable and reliable in that environment.

I'm not referring to home defense since I thought the context was carry weapons and I still have several Glocks that I would likely utilize in certain home defense instances as well as when I travel, but in many home defense cases like the old mans case you referenced, I think the snub revolver just might still make a lot of sense.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: