View Single Post

Old 06-09-2018, 11:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I can see the reasoning behind your choice, but where is the evidence?

How many cases of a civilian being forced to engage in a high round count shoot-out with gang members can you find? Bad guys tend to pick easy targets. They want victims, not adversaries. That's why they flee once the gun comes out or the shooting starts no matter how many there happens to be. You just need "the ability to change the direction of the bad guy's intent".

A lot of people will say even though you might not need that extra firepower, it doesn't hurt to have it. That sounds sensible, but everything is a compromise and there will be trade-offs somewhere. By going to a high-capacity autoloader you trade away the extreme close-quarter advantages of the hammerless snubnose revolver. What are you more likely to be involved in; a high round shoot-out with multiple armed gang members at relatively long range or an up close and personal mugging, armed robbery, car jacking or physical assault? The latter incidents we see occurring pretty routinely, but not the former.

What if attacked and beaten by multiple attackers like we so frequently see on the news? I'll still take the snub since it will be easier and quicker to access and get into action as well as be much more retainable and reliable in that environment.

I'm not referring to home defense since I thought the context was carry weapons and I still have several Glocks that I would likely utilize in certain home defense instances as well as when I travel, but in many home defense cases like the old mans case you referenced, I think the snub revolver just might still make a lot of sense.
I would much rather have more then enough bullets then be just even 1 short.. That could easily cause you to be a statistic .. something I'm not ready to be yet .. you carry your snubbie with 5 or 6 shots and I will carry my 13+1 .. may not need it but then if I do that 3 to 5 second reload you will have to do will like get you killed !! and if you don't practice reloading under stress your reload time could be as much as 8 to 10 seconds if you fumble under the pressure .. are you willing to make that commitment to practicing reloading a revolver .. many are not and that alone make the auto a better carry ..