View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 06:14 AM

Liked 7,089 Times in 2,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Vette View Post
I just called it quits 3 months ago from a 32 year career beatin' on sheet metal and I'm supposed to be on a fixed income, right? Well, no-one told my willpower (or lack of) that. I can't resist a nice 44 mag, especially a long ol' hog leg. I have a 6" 29-6 that I've been shooting a LOT here lately and thought it'd be great to have one with an 8" barrel.
This gun was the last of the blued revolvers made by the factory for several years and with all the good engineering changes before the less desirable changes came along. The gun came with a fat forged target hammer, serrated target trigger and early enough for the old style cylinder release. The thing that surprised me the most was that it is a square butt frame! I got it home and stripped it down to inspect it, pulled the grips and BAM, I'm looking at a square butt! I had to pull out the SCSW and sure enough, this one fell into the date range before S&W made the shift to round butt frames and MIM cylinder releases. It didn't come with the box but from the serial number (BRH-33xx) it looks to be in the '93-'94 time period.
My local range is typically swamped on the weekend so I'll do an update with a pile of spent cases and I hope some nice groups in a few days.
Here are the obligatory pics. I hope y'all enjoy.
Mark

Square butt!

Posing with it's little brother.

Congratulations, you have done it again! Looks like a nice 1! (both actually) I still have not fired my -2, 4" that I got at the end of April. Too much going on? Bob
The Following 3 Users Like Post: