View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 08:15 AM

Liked 242 Times in 126 Posts

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the input. I'm sure the entire episode sounds bizarre, at least it does to me. To elaborate on some of the questions:

The WWB was bought at the local Walmart. They were not reloads by
someone or myself. I'm limited at the local indoor ranges here to use factory cartridges only, although I do reload.

The cylinder is in excellent condition. serial no can be read clearly. There is no reboring or home gunsmithing to it - no rechambering. You can clearly see the chamfering in the bores.

In operation, the revolver has fired factory Aguila, MagTech, Federal, and now Remington UMC with no problems. Extraction of fired cases or clips is easy with no markings, swellings etc.

As most folks have had no trouble with WWB, I'm pretty convinced the problem was bad brass that somehow got thru Winchester Quality Control. I've searched here and other forums and have found no real
problems with Winchester. Most folks love it for the price and reliability.

As bizarre as my story is, the more bizarre is Winchester's response. It
took them almost 2 weeks to reply, and that reply is handled by a faciliatator, not a tech. They never responded to the online "Contact Us"
by email. They took all the lot and code info and said it would be sent to
the appropriate dept. Will I hear any more from them? I sincerely doubt
it as the rep seemed to discount the events. She never requested the
box, brass or ruptured cases.

At this point, I would say I had a fluke with some bad brass cases. The
revolver functions fine with other brands of ammo, and the other Winchester I fired that day. I further have to mention that I've been using WWB 9mm in my M&P 1.0 and 2.0's with no problems at all.
Go figure.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: