View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 09:05 AM

Liked 3,655 Times in 420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by model3sw View Post
OK, Korth and Manurhin are quality, durable, firearms with a hefty price tag. Now, seriously ... how much better than a Ruger GP100 that is is worth 5 to 8 times the price tag ?

I've been ragged on by some fellow members for my affection of certain Ruger revolvers but here goes, anyway.

I'd like to see the meltdown test on a stainless Ruger GP100 against ANY other .357. I've put 150 .357 rounds through a GP100 in one sitting and it barely got "warm" and never malfunctions nor got stiff to cycle.

If the shores of Florida were being invaded by terrorists, besides whatever else I'd take, the Ruger GP100 would be in the first batch chosen.
I'll certainly give you that the GP100 is a durable and strong revolver, but also crude and unrefined with a lousy trigger. Comparing it to a Korth or MR is really two opposite ends of the spectrum. Not sure I can measure how much better they are in terms of price, but I don't look at things in that fashion.

I have Rugers myself and they are solid revolvers, but they are what they are...tough, rugged, crude, and ugly. Whether or not they're as tough as a Korth or MR, I don't know. If they were, I'd be extremely impressed. I have my doubts about that.
The Following User Likes This Post: