View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 10:44 AM

Liked 3,520 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePizza View Post
I love that GT bullets has offered a full line of lead HP designs across all of their calibers.

That said, they are too hard. They need to be pushed near the top of their caliber's speed to get good expansion. This sucks for those of us that wish to play with 38/41/44 specials.

They shoot great, they are super accurate and I haven't experienced leading yet. I just wish they would offer custom hardness orders because I would love to stay with their designs.
I agree with the product offerings and the quality of the ones I received was as good as I’ve ever seen. All I’ve tried were extremely accurate even out to 80 yards. I didn’t find anything on their website listing the hardness but only the alloy mixture which means squat to me above poster says they are 11 and I’ll go with that. I’ve been told the Rim Rock SWCHP is around 7 and the ones I tested were too soft for my liking. Fantastic expansion but penetration was not very good. As far as a carry round, I’ll still stuck on the Golden Saber +P mainly based on the Lucky Gunner test and my non scientific testing combined but it’s fun to try different stuff and over all I’m impressed with the GT 140gr. Can’t wait to try their others. Kudos also to GT for offering sample packs. I’ve got a lot of bullets laying around that I had to buy 500 to try and for whatever reason I didn’t like. Oh the joys of reloading!!