View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 02:22 PM

Liked 16,951 Times in 3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k22fan View Post
You lack both of the designs that were the two most popular for about a century, a stockman and a trapper. The stockman's sheep's foot blade is a good substitute for a carpenter's knife. That additional blade is more useful to me than a quick opening master blade. Trappers are still popular among small farmers and ranchers. An old school multi-blade would add more variety to your collection than another modern knife would.

The issue is resolved. You NEED a large stockman.
There are 39 knives pictured and I have one more, a two blade stainless pen knife of one of my grandfather's which dates to the 1950s. Of the 40 folding knives I own five have slip joint blades and 35 have locking blades. All five of the slip joint knives were gifts. A Trapper Lock would tempt me.

What's tempting me right now is several dealers have certain Buck models 20% off. A Buck Model 501 Duke has been on my list for months. The Buck Marksman is available for under $100 (my price limit) and I've been eyeing that model for some time.

Laying the knives out like this forces me to realize that of the 40 pocket knives I already have there are only five that I carry regularly. User grade knives that do not get used are a waste of money. But... I want them so much!
The Following 4 Users Like Post: