View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 02:29 PM

Liked 120 Times in 70 Posts
Default Great Buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Rider View Post
Headed down to a local gun show yesterday just to look around...after all, Father's Day is just around the corner. There were a few good pieces at the show, but the sellers were pretty proud of them and their asking prices reflected it. However, on one table I spotted a lonely Model 28-2 sporting a pair of not-so-nice aftermarket "custom" target stocks. The condition of the Highway Patrolman was excellent except for the stocks, so I was a little surprised at the fair asking price. The seller said the revolver was really clean, but that he didn't want to invest any money in a pair of proper S&W stocks. He volunteered to remove the custom stocks so I could inspect underneath, and it looked NIB. He didn't want to haggle much over the price, so I thanked him and wandered
around- all the while my mind was on that HP. I finally went back, we talked about condition, price, etc. again, and I bought it at $485. Any time I see an N-frame, especially in really nice condition, for under $500 it's tough to pass up. This one (N213329, ca. 1974-75) is in great condition and the action is really smooth. I already had several pairs of correct Magna stocks so that wasn't an issue for me. I think I did OK on this one and it now has a good home with a couple of my other HPs.
Great Buy!
The Following User Likes This Post: