View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 03:50 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

I always clean off whatever the factory put on the gun when it shipped. Shouldn't take much to do so. I then lube it sparingly according to the instructions. Before you go to the range, after cleaning, lock the slide to the rear and load all mags completely full of ammo. Let the gun and mags sit that way for two or three days or more before you go to the range. This will allow the springs to begin to take their set and make things easier all around. Then shoot it at least a couple hundred rounds the first time out.

I highly recommend that you purchase a Maglula loader. This will make loading the mags much easier to begin with and it will be some of the best money you've ever spent, even after things get easier from use. When you load the mags full, then smack the rear wall of the mag on the heel of your opposite hand to fully seat the rounds to the rear wall. If you have a bit of trouble while loading the mags, stop and do the same thing. There's not a lot of clearance front to back in those mags for the rounds and the tips of the bullets can bind on the front wall if not seated fully back. Doing this is a habit i have with all semi auto mags, but I've found it's especially important with the 45Shield mags. You have purchased a fine handgun. I think you will be very pleased with it's performance! Congratulations!