View Single Post

Old 06-10-2018, 05:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Moore View Post
You didn't say how the slide went forward before you dry fired. In normal functioning, the slide slams forward with considerable force to reach true battery position. It certainly isn't 1/10 inch out of battery. Thus, the slide isn't gonna boogie about-at least anywhere near as much as you suggest.

Having worked with a slew of people during transition training to the M&P series, the most likely explanation of your errant shots is your incomplete mastery of the trigger stroke. Continue your dryfire with your attention on your sights and the target, not the slide. Also work on your grip, it should be firm with tension from the support hand.

To paraphrase a well known trainer, "It's not the arrow nor the bow, but the Indian".
My apologies for not stating that, I slingshot the slide forward with a snap cap in a magazine. So it would theoretically load as it would while live firing. And I had to look back over my calipers 0.1" is an overestimate as you've pointed out I updated the original post.

As for my training this is my third M&P pistol, I have an early gen I retired police issue pistol and a viking tactical model. Both of which I have owned for several years, I'm familiar with the trigger itself and thought I was throwing the shots on occasion until I inspected the pistol. My focus while shooting is primarily on the front sight, I only noticed the slide shifting slightly after I cleaned it and put a snap cap to test for proper function.

Last edited by chaseams18; 06-10-2018 at 05:31 PM.