View Single Post

Old 06-11-2018, 08:22 AM

Liked 242 Times in 126 Posts

Hi Dixie,

I only brought the post up to see if anyone else had problems with WWB. Apparently not. It seems to be good plinking ammo
at a reasonable price for most folks. I've fired thousands of rounds of it in my 1.0 and 2.0's (9mm) with no problems at all.

There were problems in my box of 45ACP (Q4170) 5 problems in 50 cartridges (10%) - 3 squibs (cant be determined) and 2 ruptured cases. This lot is apparently manufactured 2/18 so it was fresh.

The revolver was found to function as it should. The ammo seemed to be defective for whatever reason.

My problem is with Winchester. They really didn't take any kind of interest in the problem at all. I never expected anything
from them, but wanted to get it on record that I had problems with their ammo. Someone might fire it in a firearm in lesser mechanical condition with not as good results as me.

There you have it. The 1917 was checked out, test fired by a competent smith and found to function perfectly with quality ammo suited to it. The ammo was reported with the problems described. The codes and lot nos were reported, after 2 weeks
from initial contact. Should Winchester contact me, I'll certainly
update.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: