View Single Post

Old 06-11-2018, 09:16 AM

Liked 3,443 Times in 936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
This is beginning to resemble a Glock thread where fans go over the deep end because others do not share their love for them.
First off, let me explain that I can absolutely understand and tolerate everybody's decision whether he wants to buy Korth, a Manurhin, Freedom Arms Casull, or a High Point. On the other hand, I find statements that are not based on facts objectionable. I took offense in the OP's first post were he relegated Korth collectors universally as older guys that are new to collecting and obviously questioned their knowledge about firearms. I grew up around firearms and have a sizeable collection that I built over decades.

I shot military and civilian pistol state matches for about 4 decades, I was a shooting coach in several private gun clubs and helped many young shooters improve their skills and to enjoy handgun competitions, passing on my experience in the shooting field to others than direct family. I cast my own bullets, reload, including forming my own brass and go shooting on average more than once a week. I am well aware that a Korth - especially at current market prices - is out of reach for most shooters but so are the many custom or semi custom 1911 pistols, older Brownings, and so many other traditionally made guns.

Brian (BC1023), Michael Zeleny and I have probably helped to propagate the Korth revolvers with informative posts about the history and features of Korth revolvers. I did not pay market prices for my Korths but had imported them myself, as well as my Hämmerli 208 and I built the safety myself to comply with ATF import rulings.

As I take my hobbies very serious, I have visited both Korth factories, SIG Sauer and countless breweries in several countries. So what do you think about the new wave of craft beers? Are they worth $5 for a bottle of blueberry flavoured beer that the millennials are happily spending for them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hammerli safety.jpg (73.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Andyd; 06-11-2018 at 12:04 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: