View Single Post

Old 06-11-2018, 05:31 PM

Liked 9,908 Times in 2,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
Ya thinking it would be nice for OWB carry for my 3" 66.

Like an old John Wayne movie..... "Sorry Mr. Bianchi...... I heard you were dead!"

Thought he's sold out and ridden off into the sunset!
The website sure makes it sound like everything is handmade by the original John Bianchi. I just stumbled onto the site while doing web searches.

"About John Bianchi and Frontier Gunleather
John Bianchi - Maker of premier gun holsters John Bianchi, the premier holster maker for forty years, now custom makes original western-style holsters and gunbelts for discriminating collectors.

Frontier Gunleather holsters and gunbelts are handcrafted like no others today. Twenty-six highly-skilled hand operations, the use of seventeen precision hand tools, three machine operations, and Bianchi's lifetime of experience go into each and every treasured piece.

Handcrafted the old-fashioned way, one-at-a-time by John Bianchi, Frontier Gunleather brings back a revival of the turn-of-the-century styles and craftsmanship. These collector quality holster outfits represent the best examples of the cowboy-gunfighter culture for collectors, decorators and shooters alike.

John Bianchi's Frontier Gunleather is a true art form; an investment in tomorrow's antiquities. The price you pay for any handcrafted product is based on three things: the quality of the workmanship, materials and design. An additional and most important element is the reputation of the maker.

John Bianchi is one of the oldest and most trusted names in "Gunleather" (a term coined by Bianchi 25 years ago). The price you pay for Frontier Gunleather reflects a 40-year-old worldwide reputation for premier quality. There are many look-alikes, but only one original!

Bianchi authored for firearms industry best-selling textbook, Blue Steel and Gunleather, the definitive book on the history, development and use of holsters. He has designed and manufactured over twenty million belts and holsters during his career as the world's best-known holster maker."

And it looks like it is the real deal. I learned a lot about him in this article. Never knew he was a Major General!

American Rifleman | John Bianchi: An American Legend

Last edited by Shark Bait; 06-11-2018 at 05:36 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: