View Single Post

Old 06-11-2018, 08:04 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tectrry View Post
I've been looking at the Performance Center 40L that is ported with high viz sights or the basic PC Pro-Series. Any thoughts or advice? I've never had a ported pistol but have read some good things about them.

And for those who ask what I will be doing with it, I will just be shooting it. Probably at the range, probably not going to carry it (I love my shield once I got the Hogue sleeve). Just adding another pistol to my family of M&Ps. I would love to start shooting in competition, but just haven't found the time yet. So, it will just be because I love shooting and my only 5" pistol right now is a Kimber 1911.
I am right there with you.

Next month I am purchasing the exact ported model you are asking about, but in 9mm.

Performance Center(R) Ported M&P(R)9L HI VIZ(R) Fiber Optic Sights | Smith & Wesson

I have looked at all the 5" and longer pistols and finally made my choice after touching, handling and dry firing many different pistols over the course of 6 months.

ALOT of myths and lies about ported barrels out there. I will be using mine for the range, and possible conceal carrying.

- Preston