View Single Post

Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Banned

Liked 400 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittinduck21 View Post
Hello, fellow Smith & Wesson fans,

I got into firearms in 2013, and I've had several semi-automatic pistols and a few rifles, and I'm looking for a new experience. I was looking for a revolver and stumbled on two that seemed unique on a local gun ad site that i was hoping to get your take on.

One was a S&W Model 19-5, 4in blued. It was made in the late 80s. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I dont see any signs of finish wear or scratches. It has the original wood grips, and aside from looking old, I don't see any blemishes in the wood. He claims he got it from an estate, and the original owner didn't use it much. He's asking $500.
Grab that 19-5!

Many here will tell you not to bother with the new S&Ws.

They have learned from experience.......First off the new guns are simply not as good as the old ones and often cost the same or even more than the desirable vintage guns.

Second, there's that damned internal lock.......which kills resale value and has been known to malfunction in the past.

Third......the older Smiths just have a better LOOK to them and pride of ownership is far greater.

That's my two centavos and I have shot, bought and sold a few Smiths over fifty or so years of owning, loving and respecting them.