View Single Post

Old 06-12-2018, 06:14 PM

Liked 2,646 Times in 1,013 Posts

I have depended on snub nosed revolvers, on and off the clock, for most of my career. At work I carry a SP-101 or 64-2, with a 340M&P as a BUG. Off duty I carry the 340, although the 12-2 I acquired early this year is also getting carried a lot. The revolvers do what I need them to do, and I have confidence in carrying them.

The revolver is a good choice for me, based on my circumstances. I'm a plain clothes investigator, not a uniform. Most of my job entails knocking on doors and asking questions. Can bad things happen doing that? They can and have, but nothing my revolver wouldn't have resolved if it went that far south. The most important tools I have are my brain and my mouth. I've been fortunate over the last 21 years that I've been able to persuade most of the idiots not to do something dumb. The others could be resolved with more hands on methods. With luck I'll get to retirement without having to pull the trigger (the paperwork would be awful). I am also lucky to work with some first rate partners, so I'm not just depending on me and my revolver. The really bad characters get handed off to the tactical guys.

I figure everyone should carry what they feel the most comfortable with. Although if somebody figures out how to carry an A-10 around be sure to let me know.