View Single Post

Old 06-12-2018, 07:20 PM

Liked 51 Times in 20 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Verminator View Post
there's that damned internal lock.......which kills resale value and has been known to malfunction in the past.
The IL is a non issue. I have no first hand knowledge of any malfunction cause by this lock. I been around S&W firearms since way before the IL was added.

As far as resale, if you buy something for $1000.00 and sell it twenty years later for say, $25,000.00, I'd say you really have something there.

When you buy a Smith with pinned barrel, recessed cylinder, hammer mounted fireing pin, engraved logo.....etc, new in 1964 for say, $500.00 and sell it in pristine unused condition 20 years later, or even 54 years later, with original box and packing, how much money do you really think you'll get out of it?..........come on.........be realistic.

Unless super unique, special serial number, famed commemative or celebrity owned, it won't make you rich.

While I'm on the subject of hammer mounted fireing pins, the Colt line of revolvers, which many hold in high regard to the point of which all other revolvers are compared to, have had the frame mounted fireing pin incorporated in its design for years. Just how is this a negative for Smith and Wesson?

"Canted" barrels on the other hand are an issue but I hope S&W has that problem taken care of. Either way, close inspection before paperwork is started is nessessary for any firearm you decide to get. Handgun or long gun.

Just saying