View Single Post

Old 06-12-2018, 10:24 PM

Liked 658 Times in 340 Posts

I can understand your frustration when paying $$$$ for a new revolver. With some 15 plus revolvers over the years I never considered canted bbls. as long as poa=poi. With tight lock up,no end play and good mechanical function I was good to go.

Bought a new fixed site snub that shot 2 1/2” left off a rest at 7yards and back it went to factory (canted bbl and poor bbl to frame fit). What really gets my goat is buying a new gun that is defective from the LGS and you don’t find the problem until you shoot it or get it home and give it a good cleaning and inspection. You can’t return it. Your only option is to go through the hassle of sending it back to the mother ship and HOPE they fix it right the first time.

Maybe the LGS should check out the guns they sell when they receive them and THEY send them back before putting in the gun case for sale.

Went to LGS today. 2 of 3 S&W j frame (all different models) revolvers had obvious issues that the person who buys them will probably have to send back. I pointed this out, but back to the gun case they went. Also a new Colt snub that had noticeable end play and lousy cylinder lock up for only $700.

I apologize for unloading and thank you for all comments.

Be SAFE and shoot often!

Last edited by Execpro; 06-13-2018 at 02:15 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: