View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 09:12 AM

Liked 11,367 Times in 1,323 Posts

The day has come. I took the Auto Mag to the range.

I was quite nervous, this thing probably hasn’t shot for years or decades (I believe it’s a very early 70ies, maybe 1971), the ammo is just as old. I field stripped, checked and lubed the gun beforehand, all seemed nice and tight, but you cannot exclude something going wrong, especially with this small scale production and powerful cartridge.

But all went very well, the gun functioned flawlessly, cycled nicely and locked open after the last round. The muzzle blast is very impressive. The trigger is very nice and light. Recoil is important but manageable, and the mass and slide cycle absorb a good part of it.

I would have loved to do a video, but I was alone at the range. Next time. Pics though, all at 25 meters offhand :

The first three shots, two nice ones and one pulled downwards (no idea which of the three shots it was).

Next three, a bit low

Next four shots

And the last three, proper sighting target, focusing seriously, for my best group

The holes are cut super cleanly. The brass ejected way behind me, which is great for recovering it. I only shot those 13 rounds, as I only have 170 rounds, and I don’t have all the equipment needed for reloading yet. But it felt great. Now I’m really in love, no more safe queen, she can sing, and quite loudly.
The Following 41 Users Like Post: