View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 03:16 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulesass View Post
Read the comments, the real question is were did you get that so called letter of authenticity terminology from because it isn't coming from S&W and Mr. Jinks. That sounds like a made up gun broker term to hype it.

The letter is for personal use. If you ever get a gun that makes it to Christie's they'll use their own experts. And would not care if your letter was sign by Jesus.

That whole business of trying to turn that letter into some kind of authenticity reads like a scam. Unfortunately some give credence to it in making a purchasing decision.

Once again, that letter simply serves for personal use and curiosity.
And really only saying ye or nay if Smith made it.
I agree and I disagree on some points. Yes, Christie and Sotheby's would authenticate an item of value and remain liable for the accuracy ( i think via Insurance Company) for many years to come .

Sadly, the larger gun auction houses (which I will leave nameless but you all know which ones) seem to sell the blue skies primarily with facts that are OK, if they happen to be available as the lesser objective. (or so it seems). Reading some of the descriptions reminds me of reading ads for used cars having high mileage where the build up in the ad is focused to turn your thoughts away from the high mileage (and tide marks on the interior panels ...LOL)

Last edited by model3sw; 06-13-2018 at 06:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: