View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 03:37 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

I've pocket carried my 642. I've owned a 2" 64. I would never even think about carrying a 2" 64 in my pocket. I've heard of people pocket-carrying a 2" Model 12 (airweight K-frame), so that could be an option, if you could find one.

Have you considered a 642/442? Relatively inexpensive and easily replaced if needed (makes wear-and-tear concerns less important, IMO), shoots .38 Special (standard pressure and +P), light enough for pocket carry, and, with proper load selection, controllable for quick follow-up shots.

Regardless of your gun choice, if you, or someone you know, has some sewing skills, you can reinforce the pocket. Several years ago when I worked as a security guard I had pants with the sap pocket behind the thigh. I couldn't carry a sap, but I could carry a MagLite. Unfortunately, the MagLite was too heavy for the pocket material. So I reinforced it with some denim material from an old pair of jeans and that did the trick (well, running wasn't fun... ). Heavier material may even help obscure the gun's outline, improving concealment. You could even enlarge the pocket to better fit a K-frame snub if you choose to carry one. You could also find a tailor to do the work.

Just some thoughts.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: