View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 05:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,590 Times in 2,562 Posts

Well, Kurusu is right. While an aluminum J frame is obviously a little easier than a steel K frame, the pants and the fit can vary A LOT. For the last half a year or so, I have been pocket-carrying a Model 12 SB with service grips and a Tyler about six days a week. You just have to buy the right brand of pants. I'm retired, and I don't get paid any extra for wearing the right clothing, and I will not use "cargo pockets," yet I have no trouble finding inexpensive cotton pants that render not noteworthy the Model 12 in a Don Hume JIT slide used as a pocket holster. I recommend using one for a larger pistol, like Cobra-sized for a Chief, or K-frame sized for a Cobra or Agent, or else a right-sized one that is well worn and loose. This may sound kind of rinky-dink, but I actually feel that it is the BEST pocket holster setup. I'm sure that there are others that are good.

As far as weight, the steel guns are not optimum, but they CAN be carried. I have pocket carried a 2" Model 15 in a worn JIT slide, and there was no problem. I WAS conscious of the weight, but it didn't show and my pants didn't sag (I had a good belt). And that was with Safariland/Rogers grips! I have no doubt that a 2" Model 10 can be concealed and carried in the right pants. You just have to buy loose-fitting pants that aren't designed to outline either your protective or your reproductive equipment.