View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 09:22 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Gun Fan View Post
Sal
I think you should be asking Roy Jinks these question. He doesn't monitor this part of the forum. You could always send him a letter and post his reply here after. You do have his address. don't you?
Don,

Is Roy the one to make the decision or would it go up for a vote to the Board of Directors of the S&WHF who now controls these letters ?

When did the application for the S&W letter change to "Request for Letter of Authenticity" ? Somehow I don't remember seeing that a year or two back, perhaps I'm mistaken about the exact time frame but it seems that the S&WHF now calls the Application a "Request form for Letter of Authenticity" a seller would not be doing anything unreasonable by stating he has a "letter of Authenticity" if that is what S&WHF calls it.

It just seems the words Authenticity is getting wrongly popularized and thrown around in advertising too liberally and flagrantly ... when it is NOT truly, a Letter of Authenticity at all.

The S&W Letter is a true asset to us all. Calling it something it is not will do nothing but cheapen the image of it as time goes on unless redefined, accurately, for valuable asset it truly is.