View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

I don't have a favorite as I think the differences between good quality lubes, whether you're using the latest gun lubes or motor oil, is pretty small. I've used Break Free CLP pretty much since I got into guns over 20 years ago and never had an issue with it.

My Beretta 92FS had been in storage for nearly 20 years in a foam-lined case (which many people say to never do) and had been wiped down with Break Free CLP before being put away. I got it out of storage about a year-and-a-half ago, cleaned it with Gun Scrubber and Break Free CLP, lubed it with my current lube choice, Gun Butter oil, and it was good as new.

I've also used Tetra Gun products, grease and oil, and they worked fine.

I want to try some Lubriplate after my Gun Butter runs out, but I still probably have at least 2-3 years before that happens.

So, to sum up, no need to overthink it. Revolvers don't require a lot of lube. Pick any one of a number of good quality lubes, most of which have already been mentioned, and keep the gun clean and lubed properly.

I will add that, whatever lube you get, a needle applicator is a really handy tool, especially for revolvers.