View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 PM

Liked 942 Times in 295 Posts

Let me set finances aside for a moment to consider if I would wear a Rolex or a Timex wrist watch?

If I still had an "outside job" working with my hands I would probably be practical and pick the budget timepiece.

But I'm at a place in my life where I enjoy the touch of nice things. I would probably chose a Rolex today. I would enjoy looking at it. Cleaning it and fondling it. They are beautiful, classic, and something to pass to one of my sons.

I don't wear a watch though. I have a smart phone that I can't escape. My job requires that I'm always in contact. So I carry that cellphone in a fine leather case instead of in a Wal*Mart toe sack stuck up under my belt.
If I want to know what time it is....I whip out that fancy cellphone of mine.

I carry my weapon everyday. I don't get into a gunfight everyday.

When my feet hit the floor I think about the Lucchese elephant boots that I'm going to slip my feet down into. I think about the Ranger belt with the silver buckle set and the starched jeans with creases. The starched roper long sleeve shirt. The Resistol or Stetson hat of the day.

Right then I decide if I'm going to want to carry a beautiful, classic S&W revolver or a sharp stick. I hold it up and admire the classic lines. The heft is comforting. It's cool steel from spending the night on the bedside table will soon be my own body temperature from the most intimate and personal contact with me. All day long I will be enjoying the comfort and luxury of that fine firearm next to me.

Why?
Because I can.

I have some semi-autos that I can shoot much further much more accurately. My finger gets tired pulling the trigger before I run out of rounds. I just don't get the same esthetic feel from them that I get from my steel S&W revolvers. They lack the beauty and feel of quality that my revolvers give me.

So what I'm telling you is that I could run a foot race better in sport trainers or tennis shoes but I feel better in a nice pair of boots. It's about what I do. The accessories that I choose for my mission.

Either you dig this trip or it's blowing past ya.
I'm not going to worry about shooting 5 guys tomorrow or 19 guys. I'm gonna worry about "The Total Package" of being outfitted with gear that will fit my needs, with style and class.

So is 5 rounds enough for what I have to do tomorrow?
I'm really thinking about this silver rodeo buckle that I saw last week end. It had this chrome plated, pearl handled one shot derringer mounted to it on a spring loaded hinge. You mash a hidden button on the top of the buckle and it springs out into action, firing a shot into the gut of the person standing in front of you.

Yeah, the longer I'm studying on this....I could probably get by tomorrow with just one bullet.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: