Thread: K22 Bright blue
View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 10:07 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,940 Times in 3,656 Posts

How sure am I that my gun isn't actually a narrow rib K-22? An entirely reasonable question.

The answer goes like this: For openers, I have seven K-22's within my collection of S&W target guns---and most of them are different from one another. I have two 1st Models because one of them has a King cockeyed hammer---seemed like ample justification to have two of the same gun. Then there's one 2nd Model. That's followed by two 3rd Models. The justification there is one's a "one liner", and the other's a "four liner"---again, seemed like ample justification. Then there's the 4th Model----the gun in question (which used to be "satin" blue until I had it fixed). Now under normal circumstances, that would be the end of my K-22's because the "5 screw" revolvers is where I choose to stop with my revolvers. In this case, however, I have a "Model 17" K-22 because this fellow owed me some money; and asked if I'd "take it out in trade". Under normal circumstances I wouldn't, but this gun's like new; and I figured I could make an exception because it's at least not one of the "3 screw" abominations that make my teeth hurt. So, anyhow, I'm pretty sure my 4th Model's rib is wider than those on my two 3rd Models----but I can measure it if you'd like. I can measure it in "tenths" if need be (That's four decimal places.), because I have a drawer full of nit-picky measuring stuff left over from when I was a "weekend warrior" playing hero race car driver with a bunch of funny little foreign cars---all of which were "well prepared within the given parameters of the rules"---which is to say to perfection.

Next question?

Ralph Tremaine

Last edited by rct269; 06-14-2018 at 10:25 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: