View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck460XVR View Post
Don't waste your time loading .45LC and .454 for your X-Frame. Your ideas of Trailboss for light loads and H110/W296 for normal magnum loads are right on. You can also find good moderate velocity and reduced recoil loads using 2400 and IMR4227. I have shied away from Lil' Gun since the reports of premature forcing cone erosion appeared. Never got the performance from it as I got from H110/W296 and the 4227 and the high heat it produced in my guns kinda verified to me that there may be some truth to the rumors. One other thing I have learned from reloading for my .460. You DO NOT have to load this gun hot for it to be effective and accurate. In most instances and with most bullets, my best accuracy and performance comes from recipes in the middle of the load range. Make sure when pushing bullets in the upper ends of the .460 velocity range you use bullets appropriate for those velocities.
So, im curious if barrell length (7" vs 8.375" for example) changes the dynamic of "best load"....
I just put a deposit on a 7" performance center model yesterday - I think its 7" may be 7" and some change....IM SO EXCITED.