View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 02:44 PM

Liked 4,622 Times in 864 Posts

Thanks for all the great responses.

As for me, I fell in love with Glocks in 1989. A young Marine showed-up with one to a Firearms class I had while the rest of us were using 686's (actually owned and issued by a Junior College).

I went through the Academy in 1990 with a Dept. issued model 15, and quickly transitioned to my own 686 after graduation. I picked-up a S&W 469 and carried that off-duty for a year or so. Also picked-up a model 36 just to have something smaller. I can only ever recall carrying that once in a ankle holster on a night out. In late 91', I bought my first Glock 19 for off-duty. Than transitioned to a Glock 17 for Duty in 92'. Since than, it's always been hi-caps (5904 for awhile and finished with a G22). And any J frame I owned over the years served as a back-up gun. Once in awhile, I'd throw on a 6 shot S&W for off-duty.

Now I'm retired, I'm still carry a Glock. Usually a 23, 19, 27, or 43. Backed-up by a Ruger LCP. I'm a big guy, and "dress around the gun".

I actually get to the range several times a month now, and am a better shot now than when I was on the job. Although it seems Arthritis is setting in on my trigger finger (Joint feels sore after shooting?). I still don't shoot J frames all that well, but that's probably from lack of practice.

Maybe with more practice and when I get tired of carry a big gun, I'll transition into a J frame. They sure are light.

Again, thanks for all the great info.