View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 04:12 PM

Liked 16,951 Times in 3,692 Posts

My thoughts are traditional means two hand opener without a pocket clip, and maybe include multiple blades. I believe some exclude stainless steel, locking blades, one hand opening, and pockets clips. Hey, knives are mostly tools and very primitive weapons at best so here's some of what I have.

A Shrade Old Timer slip joint hunter dating to the early 1970s. USA made with carbon steel. Pictured with an A.G. Russell slip joint pill splitter. Japanese made with VG-10 stainless steel.

A Fox spear point lockback. Italian made of 440 C stainless. A Case Mini-Copperlock. USA made with Case's proprietary CV a carbon steel. A Buck 503 Prince. USA made with 420 HC stainless.

What I had in my pockets when I first read this post was a Spyderco Positron. Taiwanese made flipper. USA made Crucible CPM-S30V stainless blade steel. Carbon fiber handle/scales, and I have no idea of the source country of the carbon fiber. I also was carrying a Spyderco Manbug on my house key ring. The Manbug is Japanese made with a fiberglass reinforced nylon handle. The blade steel, HAP-40, is a laminate made by Japan's Hitachi. It has carbon tool steel core and cutting edge with a softer more rust resistant outer layer of 410 stainless.

Traditional in my mind is sharp and pointy, I do not get too hung up on when the first cutting tool was created.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trad rs 1.jpg (203.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg Trad rs 2.jpg (218.6 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Trad rs 3.jpg (208.0 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by kwselke; 06-14-2018 at 06:33 PM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: