View Single Post

Old 06-14-2018, 05:41 PM

Liked 23 Times in 6 Posts

A followup:

Today I went to the LGS to see the 27-3 8 3/8" gun. While I was there I saw they had a second 8 3/8", this one being a 27-4. In inspecting the 27-3, there was quite a "rumble" that could easily be heard when the cylinder was spun, but other than that the gun looked good.

The 27-4 also looked good and the cylinder made no sound when spun. I made an offer on this gun (including to pay cash). They rejected my offer and made a counter offer. Unfortunately the counter offer was still too high for me (and still higher than their price for the 27-3).

So in the end, I walked away from both guns. Either might have worked for me as a range gun, but the prices were $200-$300 higher than what I felt either was worth. Their prices were at the level you would have expected for a NIB safe queen which had never been fired that also included the box, attachments, and papers.

I learned (or relearned) to always look at the gun before buying. Secondly, to know the prices. While I am not against paying more to get what I want, I don't like to pay way more than what something is worth.

So I will keep looking around.

BTW-The guns felt fine with the 8 3/8" barrel. Not front heavy at all. They also had a couple of 27's with 6" barrel (also priced too high for me). The balance on the 6" was very nice as well.

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Last edited by zogger; 06-14-2018 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Add more stuff