Thread: Dogs again
View Single Post

Old 06-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Banned

Liked 1,609 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingriderz View Post
This issue could happen around us. My point is what would you do ? Here goes . You live rural area. Your property is on fenced chain link. You have had neighbors pit bull type dogs loose that have chased folks in past.Fridays are trash days so you have to take cans to front road. Roads aren't paved. Let's say you have major health issues and on massive blood thinners also a dog bite could be very bad news . Ok your taking trash out your gate. The bad dog comes running down your fence line. Growling showing teeth. You say stay or stop loud voice . Dog keeps coming. What do you do put a round off in ground to scare off dog or do you drop dog? My thing is what is cop gonna say either way?

Check your local laws first. In Texas according to texas health and safety code 822.05 a owner of a dog that makes a unprovoked attack/injures a person that is not on their property can be charged with criminal negligence and is upgraded to 3rd degree felony is the person suffers serious bodily harm.

In Texas it is defensible to prosecution if you feel that you're about to be attacked or if the attack is occuring.
__________________________________________________________________________________
In your situation (and also with me) I would suggest carrying a small $10-$15 canister of pepper spray. You know, the little ones that go around your keychain or stick in your pocket. I had to mace a few feral dogs here in Texas that got too close for comfort while out on the hiking trail and it works wonderfully.

But when it comes to possibly losing blood, life, limb... choot 'em.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Something to consider; When i see videos like this, This is what I'm going to show the judge if I end up getting charged. I don't want to end up in the hospital or having my family notified because I'm in ICU because I was more afraid of being charged then protecting myself against a pack of attacking dogs.

wfaa.com | Woman mauled by pack of pit bulls in South Dallas remains hospitalized

Last edited by RGVshooter; 06-15-2018 at 12:17 PM.