View Single Post

Old 06-15-2018, 01:21 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thorton View Post
Yeah I hear that. Now get this, he was already shot ran out of the store came back in and pistol whip her. I'm guessing .38 special or even less. I haven't read yet what caliber she was using and many have asked. And he didn't die.

Problem with a .357 magnum in a snubby is you only really have that first shot to get right because after that it's just to uncontrollable. I carried a Ruger LCR magnum, although loaded light magnums and could blast over 150 round a range session but never knew after the first round where they were going.

You need a minimum of a 36 oz gun to even get close to taming it fully loaded we are then talking close to 40 oz. Sounds good on paper until you starting carrying that behemoth.

What's the answer then, in my case I sold that LCR and went to a 9mm auto, however I don't trust semi-automatics.
But at last I think I got my problem solve, Ruger came out with an LCR in 9mm and if you have ever shot a Ruger LCR in any flavor you will know just how utterly fantastic the trigger is right out of the box. You cannot even get a S&W 'performance center' trigger that good.

If I make the switch it will be my 3rd LCR, the first one being the .38 special only version.
And I have complete confidence in the 9mm as it rocks the same pressure rating as a .357 magnum. And did I mention even cheaper to practice with than .38 special.
REcoil mitigation is about putting the time in to learn to roll with it. I can shoot a M66 with full loads, a sp101 less so but manageable. Put time in with a 4" 44mag, going to the 357snub is quite doable. For that reason though, a G32 or P239 even a G33 in 357sig makes a whole lot more sense than a 357mag snub. easier to shoot, more ammo, win win.