View Single Post

Old 06-15-2018, 05:03 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,114 Times in 501 Posts
Exclamation Got my Collet Bullet Puller AND PULLED THEM!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got my collet puller, and after screwing up 2-3 rounds, I got things adjusted and finished out pulling the ~100 overloaded rounds. Only negative thing to say about this is that this Forster puller works in my 4-hole Lee Turret, but the turret does not want to stay locked in to the one slot. It keeps wanting to shift the turret when tightening/loosening the grip on the bullet. PITA, but not too bad. Got all pulled in less than 1-1/2hr.

The best part of this is that reloading THESE pulled rounds has allowed me to test several new loads of HS6 with both the 125 and 158xtps in the 38. Actually find out that a max load of HS6 with the 158xtp is NOT as fast or steady as a lesser load of same. In other words, I learned two things:
  1. How to efficiently pull large numbers of bullets
  2. Test several NEW load possible loads with these salvaged reloads.

And yes, I did chronograph these as yet another learning curve. All said and done, I am glad I have learned from this experience and will not, in the future, attempt to just "get by" with any of my reloading mistakes. I have found this well worth the time and effort to quantify my possibilities by salvaging my over-loads.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: