View Single Post

Old 06-15-2018, 11:32 PM

Liked 431 Times in 149 Posts

When I was a little tike, one of my chores was to find my grandpa and take him lunch at lunchtime. My grandma would pack his lunch in a milk bucket and I would stop by the spring house and fill a mason jar with cold water. He still plowed with a plow horse back then and he would take break for lunch and sit and tell me tales of the old times. When he finished I would gather up everything to take back to the house and he would get ready to plow. He always wore bib overalls and a long sleeve cotton shirt. In the chest pocket of his overalls was a full-sized Case Sodbuster. He would take it out, cut off a hunk of tobacco with it and go back to plowing. I always thought that as soon as I was old enough and had enough money I would buy me a Case Sodbuster. A couple years later when I was about ten, I bought my own.

That was over 50 years ago, and I have had a case in my pocket dang near every day since. My favorite is a Case Trapper or Canoe and I have 6-8 with different scales, along with a couple Sod Busters. I’ve been in police work for almost 35 years now and although I have a “tactical” Spyderco or Benchmade clipped in my uniform pants pocket, I also have a Trapper in my pocket for everyday use.

I’ve probably given away 30 Trappers over the years as I use them as thank you gifts when someone invites me to hunting camp or does something nice for me or my family. I’ve given a couple of Trappers to each of my boys but they aren’t impressed and never carry them. They are both into Benchmade automatics.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: