View Single Post

Old 06-16-2018, 06:52 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,325 Times in 615 Posts

I can assure all that when the rounds are inbound no matter what you are carrying you'll feel it isn't a big enough gun, enough guns, and enough ammo.
On Oct 2, 1996 we were attempting to arrest a subject wanted on a warrant. I was off duty after hours when I got a call from one of my SAs that he had located the subject in a hotel room. I was at dinner with my wife carrying my S&W 649 and had 2 speed loaders. When we attempted the arrest he opened up on us with a TEC9 in one hand and a Colt Mustang .380 in the other, firing 11 rounds at us as fast as he could work the triggers. That 649 felt pretty small and not enough. Wish I had a bigger gun, with more ammo, and more guns on me.
11 months later we were attempting to make an arrest on a woman holed up in her house. She was armed with a Marlin 12 ga loaded with Hornady sabot slugs. I was carrying my issued S&W 5904, a S&W 645, the aforementioned S&W 649, and a Remington 12 ga. When she let loose with one of those slugs that went thru 2 sides of a garage I can assure everyone that what I was carrying seemed pretty small and not enough.
And with both incidents it didn't matter that I had plenty of friends heavily armed with handguns, shotguns, and SMGs. What I was carrying was all that matter to me at the time.