View Single Post

Old 06-17-2018, 11:41 AM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
This mirrors my experience exactly.
  • Because they're small, people buy them for concealed carry.
  • Because they're anemic, the recoil spring is light which makes them easy to rack so, lots of women get them.
  • Because I'm a CCW instructor, I see them a lot.

The LCP is the worst of the bunch. Terrible trigger and mediocre to horrible accuracy. This is probably due to the fact that it has only a suggestion of sights. Some people call it a belly gun. Well, if you stick it in someone's belly, it won't fire because the slide will likely be pushed out of battery. So it's really a 2' gun.

I would take any revolver over the .380Auto.
As an owner, my experience has been different. I have a couple LCP Gen 2's with the stainless slide. I use one as a range gun and one for everyday pocket carry.

Normally I shoot a Glock or S&W revolver at the range, but once a month I pull the carry LCP out of my pocket and put a dozen rounds through it to make sure it's working. Then I put 100 through the range LCP firing a regular course of fire I practice with. I haven't been counting religiously, but I've got somewhere between 1,500 to 2,000 rounds through the range LCP. I haven't had a malfunction yet with either the carry LCP or the range LCP. You never know what the future holds, but so far so good.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 06-17-2018 at 11:43 AM.