View Single Post

Old 06-17-2018, 02:30 PM

Liked 4,674 Times in 2,062 Posts

I agree shot placement is what it is all about to immediately end a threat. Like was said unless the bullet causes an immediate shut down of nervous system or blood flow then you can almost expect shots possibly coming back at you.

Funny how gun fights in the movies end so quickly. A person gets gut shot and they die immediately? I seriously doubt that.

On the other hand the shock from getting shot could possibly end the threat just as quick due to the take flight natural instinct. I seldom hear a discussion about how hot a bullet must feel inside the body. It has to feel like a hot coal inside a person. I do believe unless a person is high on drugs that the burning sensation could take full control of their thinking real quick. We all know how hot a spent casing is right after being shot, well imagine how much hotter that bullet is.

IMO A 357 has a few drawbacks that make it not such a good round. 1. It can go right through a person. 2. The sound can cause immediate loss of hearing. 3. The recoil can make second shot accuracy very poor. 4. The felt sound pain to ears and also the recoil can cause mental shock to the shooter.
People say the shooter will probably not notice these things during a shooting but I bet your mind is very aware and that could possibly cause an impact on your reactions or train of thought.

I guess bottom line is first shot placement is what it is all about to end a deadly threat. People laugh at using a 22 but more people have been killed by it than probably any other caliber. The best caliber or gun is the one you can be most effective with.

Personally I don't carry a 357 handgun. To each his/her own what they feel is best for them.