View Single Post

Old 06-17-2018, 04:50 PM

Liked 1,664 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
I think the shorter barreled 9mm like the heavier rounds more than the lighter ones. As I've noted before, my non rail 3913TSW shoots best with 147 grain, is acceptable with 124gr, but shoots very low with 115gr.

I'd have to evaluate the grips in the real world before I decided on what, if anything, I'd do with them.

I just have to keep my eyes open for one at a reasonable price.
For defensive shooting purposes at 18-25ft, I haven't noticed enough of a difference between 124gr and 147gr out of any of my guns. If I do my part, both weights stay within the black on the 5-bullseye targets, and both wind up where I want them to be when shooting faster on the ANT-4 silhouette targets.

I like the lighter 124gr in my guns for weight consideration if packed in my bag at work or tucked in my workout shorts going to the gym. I stoke 147gr other times when considering the fact that they will be sub-sonic if used indoors for hearing preservation.

With the sub-compact 3" barrels, I would only carry Federal HST (or Winchester RA9B, if I had any) in 147gr. Too many other types of 147gr have shown to be unreliable in online get tests out of 3" barrels.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: