Thread: Dogs again
View Single Post

Old 06-17-2018, 06:43 PM

Liked 749 Times in 227 Posts

Several years ago I was cycling in a small town in Georgia. I was just entering a residential area, all of a sudden I was faced with about 6 dogs circling me on my recumbent trike. I pulled the HALT from the bottle holder on the right side of the seat and gave a shot in a sweeping up/down motion on my right. I then did the same on my left side, as I looked back to the right a very large dog had his head buried in the grass. The rest of the dogs backed away real fast as well. The next day I was entering the same area, I looked for the dogs that ran towards me the day before, the one that I saw with his face buried in the grass stood up did a circle on the porch and laid back down, the rest just laid there and not a single one let out a bark.

Unless the dog is trained to resist the pepper spray designed for them they will respond with no permanent damage to their eyes or respiratory system. If you use bear spray on a domestic animal you risk all kinds of legal problems, it can cause damage to their eyes.