View Single Post

Old 06-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,195 Times in 2,860 Posts

Mine arrived at the shop Friday while I was working. It has Novak Night sights installed. BONUS! They are dim, but I can see them on the night stand in the dark. Which is about all the use I have for them.

The gun must have been issued to an administrator. Filthy dirty, but shot very little. Not even a mark on the tang from the hammer. It took me almost 2 hours to clean it.

Some holster wear and a little finish worn off under the slide stop. Good trigger in DA and SA. I replaced the recoil spring. The Hogue grip screws were not rusted, just caked with grime. They cleaned up nicely.

After cleaning and lubing I checked function with the pencil test. Cock the pistol, drop a number 2 pencil down the barrel - eraser first - decock the pistol and the pencil should not move. insures that the decock/safety functions. Then I fired two shots into the clearing tank to make sure it goes bang. Two bangs, no worries.

I will fire a couple of hundred rounds through it Tuesday on my way to work. Checking reliability and how accurate it is.

I am very pleased with this little stainless 9mm. A lot of gun for the money! Regards 18DAI