View Single Post

Old 06-18-2018, 07:40 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,137 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
Mine arrived at the shop Friday while I was working. It has Novak Night sights installed. BONUS! They are dim, but I can see them on the night stand in the dark. Which is about all the use I have for them.

The gun must have been issued to an administrator. Filthy dirty, but shot very little. Not even a mark on the tang from the hammer. It took me almost 2 hours to clean it.

Some holster wear and a little finish worn off under the slide stop. Good trigger in DA and SA. I replaced the recoil spring. The Hogue grip screws were not rusted, just caked with grime. They cleaned up nicely.

After cleaning and lubing I checked function with the pencil test. Cock the pistol, drop a number 2 pencil down the barrel - eraser first - decock the pistol and the pencil should not move. insures that the decock/safety functions.
Pictures, we want pictures.

Just in case another forum member were able to pick up a CS9 from the same source, in more or less the same condition, where should he/she focus those two cleaning hours? Was there a lot of work to be done on the barrel or was there something else major?

On my way this morning to the big-box office supply store. All I could find here was #3 pencils.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: