View Single Post

Old 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM

Liked 189 Times in 79 Posts
Default the dog ......

is a good idea . i no longer have my 115 lb. akita . miss her ! not in the market or have a life structure that will let me have an other dog , at he present. when she passed 5-6 years ago i invested in a good , strong 7 gauge gun safe . peace of mind i would say . got a few guard cats but they sleep a lot .
my garage was broken into twice a few years ago . i now have a re-enforced door lock & a good brite motion sensor light . seems to have worked. i keep my carry gun , g43 , and as a back up , a 357 sp101 ruger 5 shot . the glock has an extra magazine so with the revolver i have 18 rounds ... if it would come down to that. YES , the auto is chambered with one in the pipe . both guns are in open zippered cases and on the floor in a position that someone walking into the bed room would not see because they are hiding behind a couple of plastic bins. regardless of the garage episodes , i am not in a bad neighborhood . if circumstances were worse or i was out in the country , i would have my g19 15 shot loaded with a back up full magazine with a remmington 12 gauge 870 as a final answer.
AND .... i have a very brite sure fire light that has the one brite gear only .that is precisely what i would reach for first ! hit in the eyes with that light will blind an intruder for sure & gain u 20 or 30 seconds , plenty enough time to get your gun in hand !
i can only pray that i will never have to employ these tools .