View Single Post

Old 06-19-2018, 11:46 AM

Liked 462 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion520AZ View Post
A difference of opinion on method? Yes. Debunked? Not even close. Staying on topic, "357 Magnum Effectiveness", the *performance* of the 125 Grain .357 Magnum Jacketed Hollow Point has never been "debunked" by anyone's testing and research, whether the results were taken from ballistic gel lab tests (Fackler), or from documented actual street shootings of living people (Marshall/Sanow).

"The bottom line from my perspective would be that if you want to know the penetration depth and permanent crush cavity created by a given bullet in 10% ballistic gelatin, read Fackler. If you want to know what bullets have actually done to real, living people (and animals of similar size under controlled conditions), read Marshall & Sanow and the results from Strasbourg."
Chuck Hawks
Fackler, Marshall, and Handgun Stopping Power Tests

357 Magnum PDX1 125gr Ballistic Gel Test - YouTube
Chuck Hawks is certainly no expert either. I'm sure I won't convince you of anything but that is not of interest to me. I'm more interested in encouraging others interested in the topic to look into it other places that have that focus. This site is more about S&W firearms and it is what it does best.