View Single Post

Old 06-21-2018, 01:08 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFramer View Post
Thems a fightin words, pard.

I carry a Ruger's Blackhawk for defense and its my bedside gun. Nostalgia ain't got nothing to do with it. Sure as the day is long my trusty six gun can get er done. Don't need no more than six, if you do you can't shoot. It was enough for Earp and Hickok, it's enough for me (and YOU) too.
I wholeheartedly agree. If I can't take down someone with 5 shots, I don't need to be pulling out my gun and trying to begin with. I carry a 1971 Model 36 because I love the old school look, so some nostalgia plays into it for me, but if I didn't carry an old 5 shot, I'd carry a new one anyhow. People seem to think these days that if it isn't brand new and the most state of the art option available, you may as well be throwing a rock. I say screw that. I don't need 21 rounds of ammo. If I do, then I should be finding a way out instead of trying to engage the situation to begin with. Hell, if anything, at the very least, 5 shots can get me out the door or away from the situation at least. I don't have kids, I only have my dog, and regardless of what anyone says, I love my dog as much as anyone loves their kids. My dog is my kid to me. I'd never let anyone hurt her or take her from me. I feel we are safe with a revolver and that I can diffuse any serious situation with 5 shots and some back up rounds. I'm not saying one style of gun is better than the other, but a lot of people are real quick to discredit a revolver because of ammo capacity. I used to. Growing up, I've been shooting since I was 7 or 8 years old and never liked revolvers because I listened to the hype. Then I realized I'll probably never need it anyways and if I do, it'll most likely be up close and only a few shots exchanged. Yeah, anything can happen, a rock could fall out of the sky and hit me in the head, but I don't walk around wearing a Helmut. I don't even wear one on a motorcycle even after going down at 60 mph. I also don't wear my seatbelt, but a crash is always possible. I'm still alive and fine to comment on this post. I am at the point now (from someone who swore he'd never own a revolver) to having 6 of them and only 3 autos and I only plan on buying revolvers from here on except for a 1911 and a Beretta 92FS. The Beretta is for nostalgia's sake. That was a popular gun when I was younger and that's the only reason I want one is because I have always liked them. In reality it's about who gets the drop on who first and the first one to get off an accurate shot. Those are far more important than kind or caliber.