View Single Post

Old 06-21-2018, 05:22 PM

Liked 4,960 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
I work part time as a courier. We (my wife and I) regularly deliver to people who need to inspect/inventory what we have delivered. I can't tell you how many I have seen them trying to cut packing tape with a set of keys, or a ballpoint pen. When I offer to cut the tape for them, they generally (especially the men) reply with a no thanks, I always do it this way or something along that line. The women are almost universally appreciative of the offer (no risk of breaking a nail I'm sure).

But I have yet to encounter one who has a pocket knife.

I carry a Swiss Army knives, but don't have any pictures of them.
CajunBass:
An alarming number of the people, of the last couple of generations of people in the USA, conduct their lives, in the manner that you describe. I believe that their abilities, ambition, and desire to be self sufficient, or the lack thereof, are due to mommy, and daddy's loving words, "Mommy, and Daddy'l do it for you". I for one, pity them, and when the need comes, to provide for themselves, they are going to have a "hard row to hoe". You can bet your bottom dollar on it, the need will certainly come. It'll be scary, but, interesting to see those kiddies running our USA. It scares the "bejaybirds" out of me, just thinking about it. This wouldn't be a good time to go back to our roots, and replace some of the things that have been removed from our society, would it? Just my 2¢ worth. Pardon the rant.

Chubbo
The Following 4 Users Like Post: